10 Things for Not Getting Sick
(or at least, for getting better faster. Or at the very least, tolerating the bedrest)
1. Chicken soup, preferably with lots of gelatinous stock for that beautiful, rich, healthy sheen across the surface.
2. Hot herb tea, Throat Coat by Traditional Medicinals is the tea du jour.
3. Vitamin C, lots and lots of it.
4. Zinc lozenges, Zand Elderberry is my favorite throat soother but I picked up a new one tonight.
5. Jakeman’s Anise Throat Lozenges, a mentholated cough suppressant for night time.
6. Cold and Sinus Blaster, an herbal spray remedy that will fumigate the tonsils and waft upwards—full of things like horseradish, cayenne, garlic, and extreme peppermint.
7. Magnesium Malate to relax those achy muscles—also recommended for all chronic pain as well.
8. Those Kleenexes with lotion—hopefully things won’t progress far enough to need them this time.
9. A big comfy pile of pillows and snuggly bedcovers for hunkering down in the bed.
10. And a TiVO filled with hours of old cartoons—Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Secret Squirrel, Squiddly Diddly, Tom & Jerry.